I am a full-stack engineer deeply interested in agile methodologies, web technologies, software crafting and teaching. I contribute to a variety of open source projects (e.g. simplecov, benchee, shoes and after_do), engage in a multitude of community events (e.g. Ruby User Group Berlin), enjoy attending and speaking at conferences.
Liefery 11/2017 — now
Helping customers and partners deliver packages on the same day. Mentor & guide colleagues. Design and implement new features and applications to help customers, operations and partners. Help customers integration efforts. Run retrospective and iteration meetings. Interview candidates.
Liefery 01/2017 — 11/2017
Helping customers and partners deliver packages on the same day. Build and maintain applications to track shipments, plan tours and manage all required logistics data.
bitcrowd 01/2015 — 10/2016
Building great applications, helping companies blossom. Also pushing forward open source efforts.
- Introduced practices such as retrospectives and CI-servers
- built the payment system for a big festival
- Mentoring juniors
Self-employed 05/2013 — 12/2014
Software engineer and instructor.
- Taught three introductory level web development courses at the Humboldt-University Berlin
- Prepared material for an advanced level Ruby on Rails course
- Built a website to show screencasts in a HTML friendly way using HTML5 and popcorn.js
Google Summer of Code (JRuby) 06/2013 — 09/2013
Student for the JRuby organization, working on the Shoes 4 code base improving performance, enhancing functionality and refactoring the code to achieve better readability and maintainability.
d:evolute 09/2012 — 03/2013
Working on a Spree e-commerce application.
Hasso Plattner Institute 04/2010 — 07/2011
Various jobs at the working group for Internet Technologies and Systems including working as a corrector for the lectures „Internet- and WWW-Technologies“ and „Internet Security“.
Ruby User Group Berlin 10/2012 — current
The Ruby User Group Berlin is a monthly meetup of people interested in Ruby and related topics. Each meeting consists of three presentations and a couple of lightning talks. Currently the user group attracts between 80 and 120 attendees per meeting. My main responsibilities are organizing venues, contacting speakers and moderating the meetings as well as the mailing list. Sometimes I also give presentations.
Rails Girls 06/2012 — current
Rails Girls helps to diversify the tech community by teaching beginners how to program. I support Rails Girls Berlin by coaching at workshops and hackdays. Since March 2013 I coach a weekly project group to help interested attendees dig deeper into programming. I also helped Rails Girls Summer of Code 2013 with the team selection process, as well as mentoring two Rails Girls Summer of Code teams.
- Helped multiple attendees to grow into a junior developer position from absolute beginners
- Created a well received introductory presentation, which I presented multiple times
benchee 06/2016 — current
Benchmarking library for elixir I created providing extensive statistics, hooks and an extensible formatting system.
simplecov 01/2017 — current
Premiere library for code coverage in Ruby. Cleaned up open PRs/issues and keep it clean and fixes released.
Shoes 06/2012 — current
I've been part of the Shoes community for over three years now and since September 2013 I am the maintainer of the Shoes 4 project.
Conferences 05/2012 — current
I like to go to conferences, speak at them and helped organize some of them.
- Speaker at Lambdadays 2018, Polyconf 2017, Full Stack Fest 2016, Rubyconf Portugal 2016, Rubyconf 2015 & more
- Member of the program committee and a track host for "Monoliths and Microservices" and "Software Craftsmanship" at GOTO Berlin 2014
- International Volunteers Program Chair at XP 2012
- Volunteer at Agile Dev Practices 2013, GOTO Berlin 2013, JRubyConf 2014 and eurucamp 2014
Hasso Plattner Institute 2011 — 2014
Blekinge Institute of Technology 08/2011 — 03/2012
Hasso Plattner Institute 2008 — 2011
- Participated in a nine month, near full time team project developing a process engine
- Participated in a fifty person Scrum project to build a Customer Relationship Management system
Friedrich Schiller Gymnasium 2001 — 2008
- Object Oriented Programming (Ruby, Smalltalk, Java)
- Web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Phoenix)
- Design Patterns
- eXtreme Programming
- Test Driven Development (RSpec, EXUnit, Jasmine...)
- Pair Programming
- Version Control (git)
- Mentoring and Teaching
- Project Inception