I am a leader & full-stack engineer deeply interested in agile methodologies, web technologies, software crafting and teaching. I'm happiest when I can remove blockers for the the team and the client. I am fascinated with the human side of software development and love creating products that help people. I create and contribute to a variety of open source projects, engage in a multitude of community events, and enjoy attending and speaking at conferences.
04/2021 — current
Working on a big Elixir & Phoenix application with a focus on the payments domain, meeting business demans, suggesting and implementing improvements.
08/2020 — 03/2021
Engineering Lead for a team working in the Shipping domain.
08/2019 — 07/2020
Consulting, Teaching and Development.
- Helped a company develop their first Elixir project, introducing the technology to the team
- Work on a complex microservice metrics visualization application
- Open Source Work on SimpleCov thanks to Ruby Together
- Consult on the design, architecture & implementation of an open source project, including implementation
11/2017 — 2/2019
Led a team of 15 together with the CTO, handling the day-to-day needs of the team.
- Helped, mentored & guided colleagues through 1o1s, pairing sessions, pull request reviews and knowledge sharing sessions
- Ran retrospective and iteration meetings, continously adapting and improving processes
- Architected and designed features with the squads
- Monitored application performance and fixed performance problems
- Screened and interviewed candidates
- Gathered problems and requirements to define and discuss solutions
- Ran integration projects with customers and other involved parties
01/2017 — 11/2017
Helped operations and partners deliver packages on the same day.
- Stepped in for the CTO during a sabbatical
- Identified and fix performance bottlenecks
- Ran retrospective and others meetings
01/2015 — 10/2016
Built applications, helping companies blossom. Worked as part of a team or team lead on customer projects big and small. Introduced practices such as retrospectives and CI-servers and mentored juniors.
05/2013 — 09/2018
Occassionally projects related to teaching programming, such as an introductory course at Humboldt-University Berlin.
05/2012 — current
I like to speak at conferences to share knowledge and spread ideas. I have spoken at conferences such as Ruby On Ice, Lambdadays, Polyconf and Full Stack Fest (overview of my talks). I also helped organize JRubyConf & eurucamp 2015 and was a member of the program committee of GOTO Berlin 2014.
06/2012 — current
I live and breathe Open Source and contribute to a variety of projects. This is a selection of bigger projects I maintain.
Ruby User Group Berlin
10/2012 — current
A monthly meetup about Ruby and related technologies, with anywhere between 40-120 attendees. Co-created the Berlin Code of Conduct to ensure and promote a safe environment.
Hasso Plattner Institute
2008 — 2014
Blekinge Institute of Technology
08/2011 — 03/2012
- agile Software Development (XP/Scrum)
- Test Driven Development (RSpec, ExUnit, Jasmine...)
- Pair Programming
- Version Control (git)
- Object Oriented Programming (Ruby, Smalltalk)
- Web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Phoenix)
- Design Patterns
- Run and moderate meeetings such as Retrospectives
- Mentoring and Teaching
- Eye for process improvements and bottle necks